Sunday, June 9, 2013

2 More in the Garden: San Marzano Heirloom Tomato and a Golden Bell Pepper

I planted two more veggies in my garden today in space left blank by failed garlic and onion. These will be my final additions until maybe August when I plant some fall crops, including some winter squash and some more lettuce.

I decided I loved tomatoes too much not to add a third to my garden this year. I chose an heirloom variety, San Marzano, a thinner, pointier early version of a Roma tomato. I plan to use it to make tomato sauce for chili, which is a favorite of mine in the winter!

San Marzano heirloom tomato plant

I also added a pepper plant, this one a golden bell pepper, which joins a macho nacho hot pepper (like a jalapeno) and a simple green bell in the garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment