Saturday, June 15, 2013

Inspired by … 3 New Ways to Eat Kale

Kale in the garden
I have a lot of kale in my garden.

As I’ve written before, I am growing eight kale plants right now. And they’re all doing well. Which means I need to find ways to eat them. And just for the record, I’m not crazy about kale chips. Doing a little research, and I found a few ways to prepare and eat kale, all of which look like more fun than a simple salad (which I love too!):

1. Kale Pesto. My co-worker mentioned this use to me, and I wasn’t sure, but I looked it up and found this recipe from Love and Lemons. The recipe calls for blanched kale, olive oil, walnuts, a garlic clove and lemon juice and zest, and parmesan cheese. I’m excited to try it!

2. Braised Chicken with Kale. This is from Cooking Light magazine.  I get bored with chicken, so trying something new would be good – and with kale – bonus!

3. Eggs with Kale. Who knew? I hadn’t thought of mixing in kale, sautéed in butter, with scrambled eggs. But I love adding veggies like broccoli to my eggs. So why not kale?

This is one of the benefits of a garden. You are forced to find new ways to try the veggies, lest they go to waste!

No comments:

Post a Comment