Sunday, June 9, 2013

Eggs with Fresh Parsley, Monterey Jack & Ham = Delicious

Fresh Italian Parsley, ready to chop and add
to my eggs.
One of my new favorite ways to cook eggs on the weekends is with fresh parsley.

Yesterday I snipped a couple sprigs of parsley from my deck, chopped it up and threw it in with scrambled eggs. I also added cubed monterey jack cheese and chopped deli ham. I seasoned the eggs with Lawry's Seasoned Salt.

Delicious!

I love fresh herbs. In fact, I'm planning to go out today and purchase a few more to fill in the empty slots on my deck.

As a related tip, I saw an episode of America's Test Kitchen where they made the "perfect" scrambled eggs. I have not followed their recipe perfectly, but their approach - cooked on lower temps, slowly, constantly moving the eggs around the pan - results in a delicious, fluffy and moist breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment