Thursday, May 2, 2013

Weekend Project: Mesclun in My Deck Rail Planter

I finally got one of my deck rail planters set up this weekend. I planted mesclun mix, another great container plant. My man doesn't like flowers on the deck - we don't want to attract the bees while we're having a beer. I have to say that that's fine with me. For some reason, I can't keep flowers alive.

So this year we're planting lettuce and herbs on the deck.


We were excited to find deck planters that wrapped on the rails - no nails needed - at The Flower Bin in Longmont.


The supplies ...


I filled the bottom parts of the planter with pebbles. I figure it can't hurt with drainage ...


Then with the soil. I got the soil at The Flower Bin - "what they use" ...



The mesclun mix, ready to plant ...



And in the planter, a few inches apart ...




Next up will be herbs - when the weather is a little nicer. As soon as the weather figures out that it's May.



No comments:

Post a Comment