Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A baseline for reaching my golf goals

Sunset Golf Course in Longmont - not where I played the
other day, but a nice 9-hole course.
I kept score for the first time last weekend at Ute Creek Golf Course, a beautiful 18-hole municipal course in Longmont. My goal is to score 100 on an 18-hole course (it's easy to get 100 on a 9-hole course - ha!) by the time I'm 40. It's going to require a lot more practice, but now I have a place to improve from.

I scored a 68 on 9 holes. Double that, and I have a lot of work to do to reach my goal. And probably a lot more lessons.


My work lies mostly in my short game. For those that don't play golf, that's pretty much everything after I tee off. I have grown much more consistent in my longer shots - the drive, and even using irons off the fairway. But the other day, the second I got under 100 yards to the green, I doubled or even tripled the score I had up to that point. 

That's how it goes. I look forward to building on my skills and lowering my score. I have to start somewhere, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment