Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Back to Betasso

I rode at the Betasso Preserve yesterday west of Boulder. I rode just the Canyon Loop trail but unfortunately, as we were afraid the dark clouds nearby were coming our way, we skipped the new Benjamin Trail the first time around. I'll have to try it out next time we go.

Betasso was the first trail I ever rode on a mountain bike. My husband freaked me out that first time ... but I ended up really enjoying it. It was also the first trail I went over my handlebars on, learning the tough lesson that you should never hit the brakes when you are going over a rock. Oops!


Anyway, we did end up doing two loops yesterday - a little over 6 miles in total - as the bad weather never arrived. But it was one of those rides that I just felt like I was pedaling through jello. But I did both loops, when I only felt like one, so I feel good about that. It's the small victories, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment