Saturday, March 26, 2011

Tomato and Almond Pesto in my wannabe food processor

I made this dish probably two weeks ago. I don't know why I haven't blogged about it until now, but it was a lovely dish that was an easy and quick meal and I plan to make it again.

Here's the link to the recipe I used for Pasta with Tomato and Almond Pesto.

I made this after finding it at America's Test Kitchen's website. However, I did not feel like registering to get the full recipe, so I found it in several other places on the web. Not sure if it was the exact recipe I would have got from America's Test Kitchen. But it was good.


This pesto's main ingredients are: cherry tomatoes, almond, fresh basil, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese. The recipe also calls for a pepperoncini pepper, but I used a substitution of red pepper flakes and red wine vinegar. It gave it a nice little kick.

I love fresh basil …

And my Cuisinart Mini Prep, all I have for grinding up ingredients, did fine work of this recipe. Which is good, because usually it overflows and requires pre-chopping.


I added chicken to mine, and used rotini pasta instead of linguine.

Again, loved this pesto, and will definitely make it again. I also plan to try out more pestos - as pesto-making seems to be much easier than I expected!

No comments:

Post a Comment