Monday, March 14, 2011

Sliders: Part Deux - Trying out a little swiss mushroom goodness

Just a quick post to share my attempt at making swiss mushroom sliders. I made my other standards as well tonight (if two times can be considered enough to have standards). I have to say, I'm really enjoying having some new recipes to work into our regular menus at home.

The breakdown for tonight's meal …

Wine: 2008 Da Vinci Chianti, because I like it, but mostly because it was already open.


Recipes/food items used:

Hamburger seasoning – I used the same as last time, Stacey's Hamburger Seasoning, found at allrecipes.com.  It is a great easy way to season burgers.

Toppings – I did carmelized onion for one of my sliders, as shown in this post. This time I actually overdid the carmelized onion. I'd recommend not doing that.

I put cheddar cheese and tomato on one, for an All-American slider - always good.

And swiss cheese and mushroom for the third. I tried out the mushroom part of this recipe for mushrooms from allrecipes.com. It was a simple and tasty way to cook mushrooms (I used fresh rather than canned as shown in the recipe), but the creaminess of my swiss and mushroom was not as good a combo as I expected. I'd put the swiss on top of the mushroom on the burger next time so that the cheese melts into the mushrooms, rather than have the mushrooms on top of the cheese. As my husband said, it wasn't "swiss-y" enough. But it was still good.
Mushrooms sauteed with soy sauce and butter!
Buns – I use the Pepperidge Farm slider buns, but only because those are the only ones I can find at the grocery store. Frankly I find them a little too large. Or maybe I just make sliders that are too small.

And the final product ... in a nice and fuzzy picture:


Happy sliding!

No comments:

Post a Comment