Monday, February 3, 2014

New Year's Resolutions: If at First You Don't Succeed ...

The problem with New Year’s resolutions is that people make them, break them … and then leave them in the dust.

I can be counted among those. Except I won’t leave them in the dust.

I’m making a resolution a week this year.

So far, I’ve made three and kept none. Go me.

It’s not like I haven’t done anything on my list. I just haven’t done any of them up to the standard that I declared I would. I’ve run, just not three times a week the past couple weeks.

I’ve successfully not watched TV as much. But I’m not sure it’s the “avoiding TV two times a week” I was planning on.

I’m not living up to my goals. I could blame not feeling great and work travel. Work travel indeed throws a crimp in routine. But given all the travel I have scheduled in the next few months, I should probably learn to adjust. I could also blame the weather; I live less than a mile from Planet Fitness, though, so is that really an excuse?

My point is, if at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.

So that’s what I’m going to do. Because the only way to make the changes in your life that you want to make is to keep trying to make them, even if you fail. Don’t wait until January of the following year.

No comments:

Post a Comment