Monday, September 2, 2013

Plenty of Zucchini for Zucchini Crisps and Even More Zucchini Muffins!

Zucchini recipes
What to do with all my zucchini?
Bake, of course!
It's been awhile since I have posted to this blog. Have no fear: I've been keeping busy with the garden - some good, some bad things.

But through it all,zucchini has been there.

Of course, not as much zucchini as last year. My one zucchini plant has consistently produced enough of the veggie to harvest one to two a week. Sometimes more.

I've made A LOT of zucchini muffins this year. And my husband and his sister, who stayed with us for a bit this summer, ate them all up. As I've shared on this blog before, this recipe is my favorite for zucchini muffins. But I've made a few adjustments:
  • I now substitute applesauce 1:1 for the oil in the recipe. Much healthier and adds a little more interest, in my opinion!
  • I have to say, and my husband agrees, that using the Bella gluten-free baking mix actually results in a much better and moister muffin than using flour. Though flour is fine too, I always prefer the GF version. Surprising!
  • I've said this before, but I use golden raisins as the dried fruit of choice when I make these.
  • This time around, I had a carrot left in the refrigerator. I shredded it and added it to the batter. It was good!
Zucchini muffins, with a little shredded carrot.
My next recipe I made that I had never tried before was zucchini chips. I found this recipe from Dashing Dish. I followed the recipe pretty much straight on, using Panko breadcrumbs and adding some Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning for a little kick.

Delicious! And good reviews from the husband. But I think it's best fresh from the oven, nice and warm!
zucchini chips
Fresh zucchini chips!

zucchini chips



No comments:

Post a Comment