Friday, June 10, 2011

40 by 40: Nos. 21-22

It's been awhile since I've updated my 40 by 40 plans. Finally, I add two more to the list.


No. 21: Go on a cruise. Or two.
I've always wanted to go on a cruise – such a simple and easy thing – and now we're planning one. So I'm adding it to my 40 by 40 list. The plan is to go to the Caribbean to celebrate finishing our MBAs. It's a gift, and we're excited for it. It may even give me the opportunity to check off one or two of my other items on my list like zip-lining. We'll see.

But I'm going to add one more cruise to this 40 by 40 item, and say that I want to go to Alaska as well before I'm 40. An Alaskan cruise sounds amazing.

No. 22: Find a volunteer opportunity I can be passionate about.
Most people who know me know that I love to volunteer and get involved. I have met many of my closest friends that way. Heck, I met my husband that way.

But I've found myself in a new position in my life. I have been doing very little in the way of volunteering over the last couple years, as I finished my master's degree. And I miss it. I am married now, and looking to buy a house. In other words, I've "settled down," whatever that means. To me it means I am making Colorado my home, and now I have a responsibility to get involved and make it a better place, as cheesy as that sounds.

But I want to find a place I can both enjoy working at and see progress made. So that's my goal. I want to find a local volunteer organization I can commit to for the long haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment