Sunday, July 21, 2013

Rediscovering Beauty in the Front Yard

One of the fringe benefits of cleaning up a flower garden is rediscovering the beautiful flowers you actually have. We inherited the landscaping in the front of our home last year when we moved in, and the flowers are set such that something is always blooming! It's the best way to do it. Different flowers bloom at different times of year, no matter where you're at, and I've really enjoyed learning about the ways of the non-edible gardening world.

Yesterday I did a long overdue cleanup, trimming bushes and getting rid of flowers that bloomed weeks ago that have since dried up.

I don't pay that area of my front yard a lot of attention during the week, so I was pleased to see some beautiful flowers currently blooming! Here's a taste.




No comments:

Post a Comment